Thursday 19 December 2013

Pregnant woman spent 24 hrs with baby's head stuck between her legs, nurses too busy to attend to her

 An expecting mum spent 24 hours with her baby's head between her legs - because Medical Practitioners were on strike.

Elizabeth Wangui of Kawangware eventually lost her baby and had her womb removed after a "traumatising" experience at Kenyatta Nation Hospital.

Elizabeth, a mother of one, is now was Rushed at the Hospital last week after Labour pain by the husband at 2 am.

She said when she got to the Hospital, two doctors confirmed that the baby was still alive and she was wheeled to the theatre where she was made to wait in vain for the Striking Doctors.

"The baby's head was still hanging between my legs as I lay waiting to go to theatre. When the theatre was free, I was once again told that there were no gloves and had to wait for 30 more minutes, only to be told that They are on strike and can't help her," she says.

She ended up losing consciousness due to the pain.
"When I woke up later, I asked a nurse who was passing by to give me anything that could ease pain but she told me to wait for the doctor. I lost consciousness again and only woke up the next morning (November 28) when I asked for my baby and was told that it had died," Elizabeth said.

"This was traumatising to say the least as it reminded me of losing my baby. The hired Doctors, then took me for an operation and removed my womb saying it had been extensively damaged due to complications. I no longer have a womb and can no longer bear a child," She said

No comments:

adverts

Adverts

Click to make money

Make Money